What is the SN Write Tool, and what are its primary uses?
The SN Write Tool, also known as the Serial Number Writer Tool, is a small utility that allows users to write or flash multiple types of information onto MediaTek devices. This information can include IMEI numbers, WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses, serial numbers, and barcodes.
The SN Write Tool is crucial for restoring lost IMEI numbers, fixing network issues, and facilitating device tracking and identification. It is widely used by developers, repair technicians, and occasionally by general users who need to update or restore these critical identifiers on their mobile devices.
Furthermore, the SN Write Tool has the ability to repair a damaged IMEI number. This type of damage can happen if incompatible firmware is installed on the device, or if someone has tampered with the IMEI number.
Primary Uses of the SN Write Tool:
- Write IMEI: This feature allows you to write or replace your device's International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) numbers, helping ensure proper network registration and connectivity.
- Write WiFi MAC Address: This functionality enables you to change or input your device's WiFi MAC address, which is crucial for uniquely identifying your device on a wireless network.
- Write Bluetooth Address: It allows altering or writing the Bluetooth MAC address on your device, enabling seamless Bluetooth connections and pairing with other devices.
- Write Barcode: With this feature, you can generate and write unique barcodes for your device, aiding in device identification and tracking for manufacturing or logistics.
- Multi-Write Option: It allows you to flash multiple items simultaneously, such as IMEI, MAC address, and other identifiers. This is particularly useful for batch processing of devices.
- Read from Phone: It enables you to read existing information like IMEI or MAC addresses directly from the device, providing you with a backup before making any changes.
- Write Serial Number: It allows you to input or alter the device's serial number, which is important for tracking and identification.
- Backup & Restore: It also offers a backup and restore feature, which lets you save current settings before making changes, offering a safeguard against errors.
How to use SN Write Tool?
In this guide, we will show you how to use the SN Write Tool for writing or repairing the IMEI number on devices that operate on MediaTek chipsets.
- Download and install the MediaTek Driver on your Windows computer. If MediaTek drivers are already installed on the computer, then skip this step.
- Download and extract the SN Write Tool on your computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open "SN_Writer.exe" to Launch the tool.
- Once the tool is launched, you will see the following screen:
- Click on the "ComPort" dropdown menu and select the "USB VCOM" option.
- Click on the "Target Type" dropdown menu and select the "Smart Phone" option if you wish to write IMEI on a smartphone. Alternatively, if you want to write IMEI on a feature phone, select the "Feature Phone" option.
- Click on the "System Config" button.
- Once the "System Config" dialog box is launched, tick the "IMEI" checkbox in the "Write Option" section. If your device has a dual-SIM feature, then tick the "Dual IMEI" checkbox under the "IMEI Option" section.
- Under the "Database File Option," click on the "AP_DB" button and locate the AP file of your device. You can find this file either within your device's stock firmware or in the "AB BP base" folder.
- Click on the "MD1_DB" button and locate the BP file of your device. You can find this file either within your device's stock firmware or in the "AB BP base" folder.
- Click on the "Save" button.
- Click on the "Start" button.
- Under the "Scan Data Write/Input" section, enter the values for "IMEI_1" and "IMEI_2," then click on the "OK" button.
- Power off your device and remove the battery, only if the battery is removable. Then, connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the tool detects the device, it will automatically write/flash the IMEI number onto the device. After the IMEI writing is completed, you will see a "Green Pass" message displayed on the tool.
Congratulations! Now, restart your device. Once the device has restarted, verify your IMEI by dialing *#06#. This action will confirm whether the IMEI write process was successfully completed.
SN Write Tool – Help and Information
What is SN Write Tool?
The SN Write Tool is a small utility designed to flash or write IMEI numbers on MTK-based devices like smartphones, tablets, and feature phones. It is a useful tool to resolve hardware problems related to IMEI, baseband, and more.
On which platforms is the SN Write Tool available?
Currently, the SN Write Tool is exclusively accessible on Windows and does not have official support on other platforms like macOS or Linux.
Is the SN Write Tool available for free?
The SN Write Tool is usually available for free and can be obtained from MediaTek, Inc or affiliated websites. It is designed for users who need to manage or repair IMEI numbers on devices that run on MediaTek chipsets.
Is the SN Write Tool secure and reliable to use?
The SN Write Tool is a trusted and dependable tool used by many. It was created and managed by MediaTek, Inc. - a well-respected company known for its telecommunications and chipset production expertise.
How frequently is the SN Write Tool updated?
The SN Write Tool does not have a fixed release schedule. Instead, updates are released as needed, such as when new features are added, or critical bugs are fixed.
How to use SN Write Tool?
First, download and extract the SN Write Tool onto your computer. Then, open "SN_Writer.exe" to launch the tool. Next, click on "System Config" and enable the "IMEI" option, then load the AP and DB files and click on "Save." Afterwards, click on the "Start" button, enter the IMEI number, and click on the "OK" button to write the IMEI. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions on How to use SN Write Tool to Write IMEI.
With which devices is the SN Write Tool compatible?
SN Write Tool is only compatible with devices that have MediaTek chipsets. This includes smartphones, tablets, and featurephone devices. It is not compatible with devices that have other types of chipsets.
Is an internet connection required to use the SN Write Tool?
You do not need an internet connection to use the SN Write Tool. It is a standalone application that can function independently without requiring online connectivity.
Where can I find compatible Driver?
If you are looking for the original driver compatible with SN Write Tool, then head over to the MediaTek Driver page.
Where can I find the SP Flash Tool?
If you are in search of the SP Flash Tool for flashing or installing scatter firmware on devices equipped with MediaTek chipsets, you can visit the SP Flash Tool website.